Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Background Library

Our most recent assignment was to "wander about and snap pictures of images that might pose as interesting backgrounds and settings." My 66 images can be found on my new Picasa, because flickr could not handle the amount I needed to upload:

Color and Texture

Generally, I love taking pictures. One of the main reasons I want to go into film (cinema) is because I love capturing moments, expressing a feeling to an audience who could not be there to experience it in real time. I chose to snap a lot of shots because I think multiple shots create different views of beauty, and I simply love to take a lot of pictures. I think clouds and smoke look very interesting on camera, as do eyes. Eyes truly express a lot of emotion, especially when you get so close. Other textures, such as splashing water, rough tree bark, even shadows, are all compelling in my artistic eye. Colors seem to flow with the textures, there are brights and darks, hot and cold colors in every photo. These are just some pictures from around campus, though some are from an exploration out. I hope to explore more how different positions of the sun effect my photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I greatly appreciate the number of shots.

Though possessing textures, most of these shots lack an overall or uniform texture throughout the image. A uniform texture would limit the amount of deep space, which many of these images possess. Set ups involving the hookah, escalator, and puddle dive will eventually be more appropriate for future assignments. Images like the oven present an interesting issue. While the oven is definitely a space - arguing that the grate can be a texture - the caked grease on the bottom of the oven is REALLY interesting (and gross). Where is a shot of that?